Friday, September 15, 2006

Thank You James Meeley

This summer I read and read various comics blogs. I was impressed with the women involved in comics blogging. I was inspired to start my own. The posts that most inspired me, however, I've just realized and discovered weren't talking about a generic misogynist or a generic male privilege jackass. They were all talking about James Meeley. All of them. Every single one.

Unknowingly I stumbled across these posts as I surfed and random clicked and blogroll clicked. I nodded along as I read or skimmed various points and rebuttals. But at the time I wasn't paying attention to particular names or even blog addresses. I was just enjoying the meta and commentary.

But as things have now blown up and reached Fandom_Wank, all the link backs to familiar articles make me laugh. Because "Thank you, James Meely", without you and the hubbub you caused and the eloquent and impassioned entries written about you, I wouldn't be part of the comics blogsphere at all.

Is this irony? Do I even care? Nope. Not one bit.

No comments: