Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Scences From A Bibliophile's Life

I had an opportunity to get Minx's PLAIN JANES for free yesterday. I was out with a friend, we were in a bookstore and she was all 'Look Willow, a comic book!'

I went 'Ooooh - oh. It's that'.

Then I put the book back down on the free table and turned to walked away.

When I glanced to see what my friend was doing, she was giving the book the evil eye and backing away slowly.

My raised brow inquiry got her to respond thusly.

"So bad you don't even want it free?"

I thought about that for a second and said. "It could be just me, but I'm not even picking it up to send to someone who might want it."

Her: "So bad you're not even going to encourage a demented collector?"

Me: "Damn right."

Her: "Wow. That's really bad."

1 comment:

  1. :o

    I never know whether I should read Minx or not since the opinions from ppl I trust seem to be all over the map :O

    Also I am now here at your new blog! :D (sry I am kind of slow :( )

    ReplyDelete