Monday, October 15, 2007

Attention Buttwipes, Turds, and the Terminally Ego Damaged

Someone replied to my post on the WonderHero costume with "You complain too much to be taken very seriously Willow". Note the lack of comma. The comment was of course, anonymous.

For a moment, reading that line within the comment, I felt hurt. And then a reality check slapped me upside my head. This is the net. This space is being used for a blog (vs a journal which is far more personal). This space is only about what I like and don't like. And I've been upfront as f*ck about not feeling the squee recently.

There's a fabulous post written here about Privilege as a Bodyguard. I was thinking about posting about it here and now I am, because WTF? Comic fan boys complain. They complain that someone's been given some love interest to distract them from fighting. They complain that someone's not being shown as strong enough in their current storyline. They complain about writers, artists, inkers, editors and the executives. It's what they do.

So why is it when a fangirl complains, she's not a fan with gripes she's writing out in a journal. She's suddenly someone not to be taken seriously?

Then again, maybe the anonymous poster meant to tell me that they ordinarily find my reflections on comicdom interesting but I complain too often and am unhappy too often and so my brilliant thoughts will never be taken seriously; because the world is full of arsewipes who want women, blacks, asians, first peoples, gays and the disabled to just play nice and smile and bow their heads when something bothers them, because no one pays any attention to suggestions unless they come wrapped in a bow addressed to Master.

To which I say a hearty FU.

Just because you have the effing bodyguard doesn't mean I'm going to fear you and thus arrive humbly and submissively in high heels in an impractical outfit, wherein my boobs don't work the right way and my skin is several shades too light and my existence as a lesbian serves only to titillate.

F*CK YOU.

No wait. Fornication can be plenty fun when it doesn't involve arseforbrains. And no one should be threatened with rape.

GET SMART.

Yeah, I said it. GO READ A BOOK.

GO SEARCH YOUR SOUL.

GO DO SOME WORK ON BECOMING A BETTER HUMAN BEING.

GO BUY A CLUE.

GO FEED YOUR BRAIN.

GO MINIMIZE YOUR EGO.

GO RESPECT YOUR MOTHER / SISTER / DAUGHTER / COUSIN / AUNT.

GO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BE AN ALLY TO THE REST OF THE HUMAN RACE.

Go Find A Way To Become Interesting


The rest of the world might actually wait for you.

I on the other hand, won't.

And as for this part:
"girl's can dress as female characters if they're in healthy shape...but guys?
you have to be a bodybuilder to wear a superman,batman,green lantern etc. costume.that sucks.



Yeah Right.



[ This now concludes my response to the self-crotch sniffing, tape measure ruling, chest oogling, masculinity threatened idiots of the world. ]

No comments: