Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Questions

1. Stephanie. Memorial Case. Bat Cave - Is it true that one's there now?

2. Is it also true that it's a pathetic appeasement that says nothing about why it wasn't there or why it should be there?

Bonus: Do they really thing that after all this time, a case now will a) shut fans up, b) shut girl wonder up or c) shut up any bloggers or organizations that were created due to the outrage and conversation?

Extra: Can someone draw me a Mary Jane Memorial Case? ETA: And maybe one for Tigra?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I'll try to answer, speaking just for myself. ;)

    1. In Bruce's dream sequence/hallucination, yes.

    2. No. And it does speak volumes about why it should be there: Because it acknowledges that Bruce recognizes her as Robin, equal to the other Robins, and that he grieves for her as much as he grieves for the others.

    3. I don't know how much "they" were involved, or whether it was Grant Morrison just slipping it in there, or what. Frankly, it doesn't look like an attempt at appeasment to me. But even if it were - even if, at the very worst, this were actually an attempt to get people to "shut up" - why does it matter? We got what we wanted and we're not going to shut up. Either way, we win!

    EXTRA: If I could draw I totally would.

    ReplyDelete