Monday, December 17, 2007

PS: I Love You

Some folk have mentioned that if they only knew I liked < insert character name here > they would have told me all about it sooner.

So for the record (or at least as much as I can remember right this second)

You know about BATMAN. (All shall love him and be saved from despair)

But there's also:

- DAZZLER

- CLOAK & DAGGER

- WONDER WOMAN

- SCARLET WITCH (who never seems to get good storylines - so even if you tell me, I pro'lly won't believe you)

For those of you who'd now like to point out that there isn't but one character of colour on that list - I'd like to remind you that for most of my innocent childhood, I thought Bruce Wayne spun around in a circle like Lynda Carter and became a Black Man. My infant mind could not conceive of a white man being that cool, and primed for justice and ass kicking. (Blame my daddy issues - Yay! Lawyers!)

Other characters for whom I have admiration and love, even if it's sublevel 2 love:

- LORNA DANE / POLARIS (who gets all SW's insanity obsessed writers)

- SPIDERMAN

- HANK MCCOY

- KURT WAGNER

- JASON TODD

- TERRY MCGINNIS

- DEADMAN

- WOLVERINE

- MONICA RANBEAU

- ORORO MONROE

My newest (or in some cases reclaimed) loves include ARTESIA (she who graces my banner) GAMBIT, MISTY KNIGHT, INVINCIBLE, LADY SHIVA, MYSTIQUE, CONSTANTINE, BARBARA GORDON / ORACLE.

In general, though, if SHE kicks ass while making things SPARKLE with pretty coloured lights and she's not an annoying version of Jubiliee, ala the 90's cartoon - I will love her, or at least check her out.

If HE is a snarky smart ass, with a wedge of STOIC self reliance, not a little personal ANGST and a burning determination to see JUSTICE done - sometimes only once he gets dragged into it - or the burning determination if s for old school justice (also known as vengeance and an eye for an eye) - then I will love him or at least check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment